04 October 2007

A is for

Alphabet! As in the alphabet meme I saw at Kimberly's Cup. She is doing hers as an ABCs of Tea. What I gathered from the post/blogger she referenced, this is meant to be a writing prompt -- over the course of 26 consecutive days, a blogger posts about something corresponding to the letter of the day. The writing prompt can be events from your life or, like Kimberly is doing, it can be about a favorite thing. I will admit I am looking forward to seeing where the tea alphabet goes (Darjeeling, Earl Grey).

Angels! Angels are God's messengers to us (see Fr V's post about what they are and aren't; I learned a few things). I believe in angels -- and not just the cutesy images of girls with long hair playing instruments. Think of St. Michael the Archangel whose feast day was 29 September.




Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host --by the Divine Power of God -- cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.


The feast of the Guardian Angels was 2 October.

A Mother's Prayer to the Guardian Angels of her children
I humbly salute you, O you faithful, heavenly Friends of my children! I give you heartfelt thanks for all the love and goodness you show them. At some future day I shall, with thanks more worthy than I can now give, repay your care for them, and before the whole heavenly court acknowledge their indebtedness to your guidance and protection. Continue to watch over them. Provide for all their needs of body and soul. Pray, likewise, for me, for my husband, and my whole family, that we may all one day rejoice in your blessed company. Amen


No comments: